St Moriz Fast Tan Fix - First Impressions


St Moriz, Fake Tan, Tanning, Products, Beauty, Reviews

I don't always use fake tan cause lets face it, it can be way more hassle than it's worth. That being said however, when I do tan I love it! There is nothing better than having a bronzed glow about you, it just makes you feel so much healthier.

I am always on the lookout for a tan that is affordable but doesn't make me look like I have been rolling around in gravy for a good half hour. I have always leant towards the St Moriz  brand mostly because it was cheap and there were times when I was at Uni cheap and cheerful was always the way forward.

A few months ago I was out shopping with my mum and noticed that St Moriz had put together a "Fast Tan Fix" gift set. I have to be honest, the blue packaging drew me in. Couple with that and the fact I am kind of like a magpie for fake tanners. I tend to just collect them but only wear them once in a blue moon!

I have been meaning to test this kit out for a while and finally in this dull grey January I felt that the time was right. Here's what I thought...


What's in the kit?
You get four things in this gorgeous set:
  1. Tanning mitt with a pineapple and pink flamingo print (which I forgot to photograph before getting it covered in tan - clever aren't I!)
  2. Exfoliating Body Scrub - 100ml
  3. Oil Free Moisturiser - 100ml
  4. Fast Tanning Foam - 150ml
St Moriz, Fake Tan, Tanning, Products, Beauty, Reviews

Step One - Exfoliate
Okay confession time, I am awful at exfoliating before I tan! I mean it really is no wonder that I am always hiding some dodgy tan patches but for this post I thought it would be a good idea to commit to each stage. 

Stage one of the process is to use the body scrub. The product itself is quite thin and orange in colour. It has very fine granules contained within it which don't feel overly rough on the skin but do leave it feeling very soft. 

It doesn't leave any residue on the skin - which is good as it won't interfere with the tanning product - and actually has a very pleasant smell compared to some tanning systems I have used before.

St Moriz, Fake Tan, Tanning, Products, Beauty, Reviews

Step Two - Moisturise
The next recommend step is to use the oil free moisturiser on the dry patches such as elbows, knees, hands and heels. Again it's time for a confession, I never do this either and I always end up with ridiculously dark elbows and heels. I never know what moisturiser is most suitable so I just don't bother - not the best attitude is it?

Again with this post in mind I applied a thin layer of the cream onto my heels, knees, elbows and over the backs of my hands. I can't lie I was skeptical about whether or not this would make any difference but I was willing to try anything. The cream smells lovely and was very easily absorbed into the skin. It didn't take long for the areas to be completely dry and there was no residue left behind. So far, so very good!

St Moriz, Fake Tan, Tanning, Products, Beauty, Reviews

Step Three - Tanner
Now onto the tanner itself. I am normally more of a fan of a liquid tan but this one was in a mousse formula. I initially found it quite hard to work with on the mitt as it floated around and I was scared of it landing on the floor - nobody wants to waste fake tanner!

It went onto the skin a lot more easily than I had anticipated and the colour guide made the process go even faster. I used the supplied tanning mitt and rubbed the mousse onto the skin in concentric circles. The areas where I had applied the cream went on without any difficulties and the colour didn't darken at all. So far I was very impressed.

The main plus for this tan has to be the smell. It doesn't smell like that awful 'biscuit' scent so often associated with tanners. This has a wonderfully floral scent and even when it's on the skin it still has a very fresh aroma.

With regards to development the guide is one hour for a light tan and four hours for a dark tan. I actually ended up leaving my tan on for over 24hours and the colour isn't as dark as I had feared it might be.  It has also left my skin feeling silky smooth to the touch.

Step Four - Moisturise Again
It is recommend to use the moisturiser daily to keep the tan looking fresh and not patchy. Now this is only a first impressions post and I have only been wearing the tan a couple of days but I can confirm that this cream is lovely to use and does make the skin feel hydrated, which is just what the tan needs to look good for longer.

Overall I have to admit that I am very impressed with the St Moriz Fast Tan Kit. I was initially drawn in due to how lovely it looked sitting within the box on the shelf. After using it my first impressions are very good. For me this product is excellent and one that I would reach for on those days where I just want a glow quickly!

Have you used this tanner before?
What were your thoughts?

Everyone loves a little winter sunshine...

No comments:

Post a Comment