My NYC Bucket List


NYC, Bucket List, New York City, Lists, Plans

Well my lovely lot, this is it. The beginning of my New York City content. I am planning on having lots of different posts popping up here and I thought where better to begin than my bucket list of things I have always wanted to do in the 'big apple'.

New York City has been on the very top of my list of places to visit ever since I can remember. It seems like such a romantic place to be - despite the constant noise and overwhelming feeling of being surrounded by people and buildings 24/7. There is so much to do and see and I'm only going to be there for 7 days - well 6 really as we are planning a day trip to Washington DC!

1. Drink a proper cup of coffee from a street vendor.

2. Stroll along The Highline and sample some of the lovely food that the local stallholders have to offer.

3. Pay my respects to all those beautiful souls taken too soon at the 9/11 memorial and learn as much as I can at the 9/11 museum.

4. Hop on and off the subway like I've lived in the city all my life.

5. See Carries stoop from SATC and the famous building from all those shots in Friends.

6. Eat a proper NYC bagel with everything in it!!

7. Stand and take in the views from One World Observatory, The Rockefeller Centre and The Empire State Building.

8. Go and eat in Bubba Gump Shrimp NYC - cause why not?!?

9. Stand in the street and take in the noises around me!

10. Sit in Central Park and enjoy a donut.

NYC, New York City, Bucket List, Lists

11. Buy an FDNY, NYPD, I <3 NYC and 9/11 hoodie - I love hoodies can you tell?

12. Shop, shop, shop tip I drop!

13. Go on the Staten Island Ferry - even though I get motion sickness quite badly on boats!

14. Go to as many of the 5 boroughs as possible!

15. Have a G&T in a bar as any other time I've been to the states I've never been old enough to drink!

16. Eat a proper NYC hot dog!

17. Go to Zabars for some freshly made bread - and it was in You've Got Mail!

18. Share a pitcher of beer like everyone does in the movies.

19. Get some stunning photographs of the bridges such as Brooklyn Bridge.

20. Have the best time of my life and put nothing off - this is my dream after all!


So there we go 20 things that I want to do, see and eat when I am in the magical city that is NYC. When writing this it is 14 days until I go and I still have to pinch myself that it's happening!

Have you been to NYC? 
What would be on top of you bucket list?


I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps....



No comments:

Post a Comment