Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lip


Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lip, Lip Colour, Products, Beauty, Make-Up


Lip products, I don't know what it is about them but for some reason I seem to keep multiplying my collection continuously. I have so many different kinds of products to put on my lips it can be very hard to pick which one I want to wear each morning when I am doing my make-up.
One of my most recent additions to my ever growing collection is one of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lips. I have seen these liquid lip products doing the rounds with the bloggers but I had never picked any up to try for myself. All this changed when I got one in a free gift set at my local Boots.

When I opened up my free gift I was very happy to see that I had received a nude lip product. The shade is Nude-Ist to be exact. When I say nude, this particular colour is more on the pink side of nude than brown but it is still a lovely colour.

Packaging
The first thing that struck me about this product was it's packaging. It is quite dinky in size but the sharp square edges make it look very cute. It's very striking to the eye and definitely looks a lot more expensive than it is. 

Applicator
My main problem with a lot of liquid lip products is the applicator. I find them very hard to use and I usually end up making a total mess of my lips - think of a toddlers application, yeah not much better than that. This applicator however, is very different. It is soft, fluffy and the perfect shape to put the products on the lips without going 'outside of the lines'.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lip, Lip Colour, Products, Beauty, Make-Up

The Product
The product itself is very mousse like in texture. It is described as very lightweight on the lips and I have to agree that it definitely is light. It dries to a nice texture and isn't overly drying. I have an issue where I tend to chew the inside of my lips - yup I know gross but such is life - so there are occasions where I feel that this product can clump a little but I don't know if that's more to do with me than the product.

The Smell
My one big negative with this product is the smell. I find it very strong and with a distinct chemical hint. It fades away when it's on the lips but the initial moment of application can sometimes be very overwhelming.

Overall
All in all I have to admit that I quite like this product. I have rather taken to the colour and I think the fact that it is so lightweight makes it so comfortable on the lips. It does tend to transfer a little but it holds up well through the copious amounts of coffee drinking I do at work. I think I would recommend these products - I just wish the smell was better.

Have you tried any of the Rouge Edition Velvet Liquid Lips?

I just can't get enough lip products


No comments:

Post a Comment