A Day at The Galgorm Spa...



Galgorm, Spa, Treat, Resort, Pamper, Galgorm Resort and Spa

Somedays you just have to indulge don't you? Not everyday now but there are some days where there is nothing better than spending the day doing something completely out of the norm. My usual Friday consists of getting up early, running around the house getting myself and my lunch ready, rushing out and heading to work. Well not this Friday!

Friday 28th July 2017 was a day unlike my usual! A few weeks back - possibly a month ago - my best friend had shown me an offer that had popped up on her Facebook about a deal that Galgorm Resort and Spa were doing. It looked almost to good to be true so we decided to book ourselves in for a day of glorious pampering.

From the moment we arrived at the Galgorm everything felt luxurious. We followed a small path down through beautiful arches, flowering trellises and trickling fountains to find ourselves at the entrance to the Spa. As soon as the doors opened we were greeted with the most glorious scent that I've ever come across. 

There is something about the smell at a spa. It's so hard to pin point exactly what it is but it just instantly makes you feel more relaxed and ready to experience everything the resort has to offer. Once we had filled in all the necessary paperwork, gotten changed and safely locked away our phones, Joy and I settled down in the quiet room to wait for out therapist to collect us.

We helped ourselves to chilled glasses of fruit infused water and as many pieces of dried fruit our hearts desired. The spa feeling really had descended upon us and every second was glorious!

As part of the deal you got to choose two 25 minute treatments to have - I settled on the Revive and Relax Back Massage and the Shea Butter and Jasmine Foot Massage. Now I have had quite a few back massages before, one of those being in The Merchant Spa in Belfast so I knew what to expect - or so I thought.

Galgorm, Spa, Treat, Resort, Pamper, Galgorm Resort and Spa

The massage began with the therapist exfoliating the skin on my back so that the oils would soak deep into the skin! I have never had this done before and I have to say it was amazing. It just felt so lovely on my back and the skin on my back has never felt so smooth. She then set to work on my very tight and tense muscles. I am not gonna lie and say it wasn't painful as the way my muscles are in my shoulders it wasn't going to be anything else but I have to say it was also the most relaxing way to spend 25minutes.

Once she finished on my back we moved onto my feet. I thought I would have to change rooms but I didn't. I simply rolled over on the bed and she wrapped my body up in warm towels like I was in my own cocoon.  I then had a beautifully scented mask placed on my eyes and I was away into my own personal heaven. The foot massage then began. I can tell you I was so close to falling asleep I had to force myself to stay awake. 

As somebody who has never had a foot massage before I was a little apprehensive but I have to say it was lovely. She worked her way up the lower half of my leg as well as my feet. The pressure was firm enough that it didn't tickle in the slightest and each of my toes got their moment in the spotlight to be massaged and loved - glorious doesn't even cover it.

Galgorm, Spa, Treat, Resort, Pamper, Galgorm Resort and Spa

Once our treatments were done we moved onto the relaxation area where we spent some time drinking our champagne and eating our raspberry sorbet - so far work was a very distant memory for me I have say! Once Joy and I felt suitably relaxed we then moved our way onto the Thermal Village.

The Thermal Village at The Galgorm is something to behold. Now I have heard many things about it but until you see it for yourself you really don't see just how perfect it is. For me I could have been anywhere in the world - not a short distance outside Ballymena. Joy and I spent lots of time in the Hydrotherapy Pool, which I have to say was one of my favourite parts of the village. 

Overall I would say that my visit to Galgorm was nothing but complete and utter relaxation. Every member of staff that I interacted with did everything they possibly could to make me feel very welcome and happy! There was nothing I could complain about even If I wanted to - which I most certainly don't!

I also picked up - with the help of a £10 off voucher which I was very kindly given - The Aromatherapy Associates De-Stress Muscle Bath and Shower Oil. I'm not going to say too much about this right now as I plan on doing a blog post if I think it's worth telling you all about!

Galgorm, Spa, Treat, Resort, Pamper, Galgorm Resort and Spa, Aromatherapy Associates

I left the spa feeling the most relaxed and de-stressed I have felt in a very long time which for me is amazing as usually I walk around worrying about something no matter how big or small that something may be! 

I would highly recommend checking out any offers that the Galgorm are running for their Spa as it would be worth going with your friends for a girly day or with your partner - they cater for men and have lots of treatments that the men in your life would enjoy!

Have you been to the Galgorm?
What is your favourite spa treatment?

A day at the spa... what could be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment