L'Oreal Hydra Genius Moisturiser


Loreal, Hydragel, moisturiser, beauty, skincare, aloe water, moisture, product

Okay so I know I didn't need any new skincare but as I mentioned in 'New in My Skincare',  I have been adding new bits and pieces along the way to try and make a routine that I enjoy. That coupled with the fact I am a sucker for anything new in the shops I just had to try the new L'Oreal Hydra Genius Aloe Water.

I have been trying this product out for a few weeks now and I just can't wait to tell you all about my thoughts and how it has impacted on my skin!



What is it?
According to their website L'Oreal have marketed this product as an inspiration from Asian skincare. The idea is that it provides pure moisture straight into the skin and it is absorbed almost instantaneously, very deeply into the skin.


Packaging 
I have to say this is what first drew me into the product. I know we shouldn't judge things by how they look but this was just so pretty. It called out to me from the shelf and I really could not help myself at all!

The product comes in a gorgeous turquoise blue glass bottle. It really does feel very luxurious for the price that you pay for it. The lid comes off fairly easily without any great effort and the pump is very easy to use. Having a pump is also very handy as you can control the amount of product that you are dispensing each time.


The Product
Unlike other moisturisers I have used, this product is more of a gel consistency. I actually really like the feel of it as it doesn't at all feel heavy and as it is marketed it is absorbed almost instantly into the skin. This particular one can be used on it's own or after you put on your usual serum. I tend to put it on after serum as this is the one product I never tend to skin out of my beauty regime. This formula I feel is non greasy and leaves my skin perfectly prepped for make-up application. I usually go ahead and put a primer on before foundation application.

The first time I tried this product I was very excited, it is said to contain Aloe Water and Hyaluronic Acid. I have heard many good things about the latter but have never put it to the test on my skin. Before I started using this new moisturiser my skin was feeling incredibly dry with my forehead almost getting to the point of flaking. I put this on and I could immediately see the different. It transformed how my face felt and it was softer than it had been in a very long time.

I will say that this product has a very intense scent. It is very fresh and I actually really like it but it's definitely one to remember if you are sensitive to certain smells. Now I have picked this product up in the normal to combination skin formula but I am aware they also have a version for sensitive skin!

My only issue with the product is that although it recommends one pump for the whole face, I always find myself going a little over that. I feel that the one pump just isn't enough to evenly cover all of the skin to a satisfactory level. This may mean that it is used more quickly but I still think at £9.99 it's worth the buy.

Loreal, Hydragel, moisturiser, beauty, skincare, aloe water, moisture, product

Overall
My overall opinion is that this product is amazing. It has practically replaced my everyday moisturiser as I cannot help but reach for this one instead, on a daily basis. It can be used morning or evening and I find myself using it sometimes for both. I just love how it leaves my skin, it has never felt so supple and replenished with moisture!


Have you tried this product?
Would you like to try it?


Sometimes it's good to judge by the packaging....


No comments:

Post a Comment